Protecting the body against the adversaries typical of the wild environment such as extreme temperature and physical injuries is important for thriving through tough times.
Here’s a brief look at what your survival kit list should encompass. Please note that this kit is also referred to as an earthquake survival kit or disaster kit.
If you prefer a done for you survival kit, check out my favorite pick at Amazon.
Survival Kit List
- Needless to say, water is the most important supply that we need to fuel our body and keep it kicking. So be sure to keep at least 3 liters in your personal kit. For sea missions, keep a seawater desalination kit handy.
- This comprises of non-perishable supplies that are easy to carry around and prepare. Your food choice should consist of high calorie foods. Foods like; hard bread, canned veggies and fruits, canned meat and so forth (for more examples please consult our Survival food list).
- First Aid Items
- Along with food supplies you need to be armed with a decent supply of physical wellness items. These include basic first aid supplies such as aspirin, oxytetracycline tablets, bandages, cloth tape, 1 space blanket, several packets of antibiotic ointment, tweezers, instant cold compress and most importantly have handy a first aid instruction booklet. Make sure that you have medical items capable of lasting a person for 7 days.
- Rapid Response Items
- This list comprises of items that come in really handy when you’re between a rock and a hard place. The likes of a life jacket, a GPS unit and waterproof matches should be included in thesurvival kit list.
- Crucial Documents
- Don’t forget to include copies of documents that you think are important to your well being. What to include? Passports, birth certificates, lease to home, proof of address, medication list, insurance agreements and crucial medical information. Another crucial document, and one that you must really have, is the map(s) of the area.
- Power All The Way
- Be sure to carry a flashlight and a magnifying glass. Also, battery powered devices (e.g NOAA weather radio) with an accompanying set of batteries and several spares should not miss out. A flashlight is needed to find way in the dark and a magnifying glass for starting a fire. Don’t forget to bring cell phone chargers.
- Tools For Flexibility
- There are several must-have tools whose main function is just to improve your flexibility. These include: a swiss multi-purpose knife, polarized glass, self-powered AM/FM radio, a pry bar, cut through rope.
- Keep Warm
- The secret to survival is that you’re warm and dry. You therefore need to include a couple of warm clothing and compact sleeping bags. Make arrangements for a tent and/or waterproof tarpaulin and all weather blankets.
Looking for a done-for-you survival kit? Check out the Everlit Emergency Survival Kit at Amazon.
To sum it up, the extent of a typical survival kit list depends on your level of proficiency and the type of survival situation you’re preparing for.
What we’ve discussed with you above is a universal kit that should suffice most of your needs. One last remark before I sign off, please remember to have some extra cash available to cater for unexpected expenses.